Laser Hair Removal
Extremely light hair/Grey hair and red hair may not be suitable for treatment. Hair that is too thin will also not respond as effectively. We require all new customers to have a test patch during the consultation to establish suitability for treatment. If you are not suitable for treatment, you will not be charged. Given you follow your personalized treatment plan and guidelines, laser hair removal will result in a permanent reduction. Facial laser treatments begin with 4-week intervals which are extended when the hair stops growing. You may require more laser sessions on the face if there is a hormonal imbalance present to which you can speak to your therapist about.
Body laser treatments begin with 4-6-week intervals which extend in time as the growth slows down.
PLEASE NOTE :
You will need to shave the area 24 hours before all of your treatments. We recommend 24 hours to minimise skin irritations.
Do NOT wax, pluck, bleach, thread, or use hair removal creams. If you do, you will be required to wait a minimum of 2 weeks for the face and 3 weeks for the body before you can be treated. Do NOT use fake tan 2-4 weeks prior to your session and no sun exposure for a minimum of 2 weeks. If you are sunburnt we would ask you to return in 4 weeks.
Shaving allows the laser to locate your hair follicles. Other hair removal types will either disturb the hair follicle or leave no hair to help guide the laser. A clean shave with a sharp razor is a must. NO WAXING.
You must discontinue using products with Vitamin A 24 hours before treatment, and any topical prescription Vitamin A products for 14-days prior to treatment in the same treatment area.
Since growth cycles vary, approximately 8 treatments are usually necessary.
IPL treatment can not be performed on skin that has been recently sun-tanned, or over-exposed to the sun.
For 24 hours after each IPL treatment:
- No sun exposure or UV exposure of sun beds
- Wear sunblock with both UVA and UVB protection
- No depilatory, AHA, glycolic or salicylic creams
- No very hot baths or showers - tepid water only
- No heat treatments eg: sauna
- No swimming in chlorinated pools or spa baths
- No deodorant - if underarms treated
- No perfumes, highly perfumed soaps or lotions, ect.
LONG TERM AFTERCARE
- Always wear a good sun block with both UVA and UVB protection
- Avoid excessive sun or UV exposure. Cover up and be sun-safe.